The version of Ash’s cap that Pikachu is wearing depends on when you redeem your code for the mystery gift. Each week during the giveaway will see Pikachu come with a different version of Ash’s hat, so if you’re picky about Pikachu’s headwear, make sure you enter the code during the correct dates. The moves Pikachu comes with will also depend on when the code is entered, and will mimic the moveset of Ash’s Pikachu during the anime arc the hat is from.
The Mystery Gift Code: PIKACHU20
The dates (and associated hats) for the giveaway are below;
- September 19th – 25th: Original Cap Pikachu
- September 26th – October 2nd: Hoenn Cap Pikachu
- October 3rd – 9th: Sinnoh Cap Pikachu
- October 10th – 16th: Unova Cap Pikachu
- October 17th – 23rd: Kalos Cap Pikachu
- October 24th – 30th: Alola Cap Pikachu
REMEMBER the code can only be used ONCE, so make sure that you get the Pikachu you want. Accounting for global timezones, it will be likely that the changeover will occur during/after the regular Global Link maintenance every Tuesday, but be sure to double-check!