The first International Challenge for the 2016 has been announced. Players will be competing for Championship Points, which contribute towards the chances of earning an invitation to the Pokémon World Championship!
Details are as follows:
Sign-Up Period: January 21st 11am AEDT – January 28th 10:59am AEDT
Competition Period: January 29th 11am AEDT – January 31st 10:59 AEDT
Participant Limit: 50,000 (limit subject to change; first come, first served)
Battle Type: Double Battles
Battle Limits: 15 battles per day
- This competition uses Double Battle format.
- Players may use Pokémon with National Pokédex number 1 through 720, with the exception of the following: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie, and Hoopa.
- Players can register a maximum of two Pokémon to the Battle Box from the following list: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.
- Pokémon brought over from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 via Poké Transporter may not participate in this competition.
- Register four–six of your Lv. 1–100 Pokémon to your Battle Box.
- All Pokémon above Lv. 50 in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
- Only four of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Box can be used during each match.
- A 15-minute time limit for each match will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome has not been determined when the time limit expires, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner.
- At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select four Pokémon with which to battle.
- At the beginning of each turn, players have 45 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
- Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC (which is 11am AEDT).
The top 256 players in each division will receive Championship Points. Championship Point Distribution is as follows:
Check out the 2016 International Challenge – January regulations page for complete details.