A new battle competition has been announced for Pokémon Sun and Moon on the last weekend of January, called the Alola Friendly! Rules for the Alola Friendly can be downloaded from the Festival Plaza. Tap Battle, and then tap Download Rules. You will be able to practice the Alola Friendly rules in the lead-up to the event!
Registration: January 19 11:00am AEDT – January 27 10:59 AEDT.
Competition Runs: January 27 11:00am AEDT – January 30 10:59 AEDT
Battle Type: Single Battles
Battles Limit: 15 (up to 45 battles for the entire tournament)
Entry Gift: 50BP (must participate in at least 3 battles.
- This competition uses Single Battle format.
- Players may use only Pokémon from the Alolan Pokédex.
- All Mythical and Legendary Pokémon are not allowed.
- Mega Stones are not allowed.
- Items are allowed, but Trainers may not have duplicate items in their Battle Team.
- Register three to six of your Lv. 1–100 Pokémon to your Battle Team.
- All Pokémon in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
- Three of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Team will be chosen to battle in each match.
- A 10-minute time limit for each player will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome has not been determined when the time limit expires, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner.
- At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select three Pokémon with which to battle.
- At the beginning of each turn, players have 60 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
- Players may battle up to 15 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 11:00 AEDT.